Saturday, October 09, 2004

the post tt i have been working on for some time:

had been thinking quite some bit lately... was thinking back on wat i did in the past and pondering on wat i wanna do in the future... my life had been monotonic for quite some time already and the things tt i do lately doesn't seem to be constructive at all (not to imply tt they are destructive)... perhaps it's about time i start to get my perspectives rite again and get things going...

to kick off, let me just see wat i've achieved/done thus far...

*Academically:
-1st in class (came as a surprise to me... expected to do well but to get 1st... well... was happy nevertheless, to have completed one of my childhood dreams...)
-1st in level (a even bigger pleasant surprise to me)
-2 bronze and 1 gold certs for the Singapore Mathematical Olympiad (the gold cert is amongst my most treasured achievements... heard tt it's only given to the top 5% of those who took part in the SMO... :) )
-can't-be-bothered-to-count-how-many certs for new south wales, australian maths, bilingual and science competitions
-Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 4 (perhaps the biggest surprise here... didn't had much confidence in passing the test)

*Physically:
-climbed a mountain 5000+ft high (memorable experience... esp to view the 1st few streams of sunlight at the summit with the person i like standing near me...)
-joined OAC (physically demanding cca)
-ran 15km (gonna run 21km in next year's AHM)
-went for night cycling

*Miscellaneous:
-learned how to cycle (proud to say tt i learnt it in just 2 hrs... hehe... 1 hr to get the bike going straight, 1 hr to get it to negotiate turns... now able to cycle with just either of my hands... still trying to learn to cycle with both hands free... one of my childhood dream completed too...)
-became a prefect (another childhood dream... liked the feeling of being a prefect...)
-got 2 trophies (small trophies though but nevertheless... both were from running competitions... wished tt i had one of those nice stuff when i was young... thought they looked good on the shelf...)
-got a plaque (from being the 1st in level...)
-got a medal (from tt volleyball competition in sec school... kinda jokez... cos i remember playing only 1 game... also thought tt medals looked gd on the shelf...)
-done many hours of CIP
-taught tuition
-learnt how to drive a military vehicle
-took part in SYF as an usher
-took part in NDP04 as a member of the marching contingent
-had my group's article published in the Straits Times Forum section (could still remember the moment when Mr Han broke the news to me, yixiang and lin hai)
-became one of the first few person to speak at my sec school's speaker's corner (thought tt the idea was a gd one... but sad to see it degenerate into nothingness...)

i think there are some stuff tt i've left out... but the main thing tt went through my mind was tt my life experiences thus far is quite varied (at least in my own opinion)... i've done quite a number of things... been there, done tt... now to see what are the things tt i want to do in my future...

-be finally able to swim 1 length of the swimming pool (learning how to swim was one of my childhood goals)
-take part in another NDP parade (should be able to be realised next year, when there is the mobile column)
-learn dialects (sad to say tt the dialect i'm most proficient in is not my own dialect... primarily wanted to learn hakka because i want to understand my roots better... learning dialects would help in CIP too... esp when it involves the elderly)
-learn how to drive a civilian vehicle
-revise my jap and take JLPT level 3? and learn another language, prob malay (quite diff i guess, if i wanna further my jap... cos the environment is not there...)
-be a teacher (inspired by my teachers in how they inspired us)
-do volunteer work out of singapore for at least 6 months (inspired by my cousin ms lee... bra noes who... she went to nepal to do volunteer work for quite a long period of time...)
-climb another mountain? (can still remember how tiring such a thing can be... but i guess it would be nice to do it again)
-try parachuting
-find tt special person

No comments: